Earlier this year, as the COVID-19 pandemic gripped the world, countless frontline workers risked their lives for the sake of others, with their selfless efforts. As a small token of gratitude, Delhi Capitals, through its digital initiative “Salaam Dilli”, recognised the contribution of some frontline workers from Delhi NCR.
Inspired and humbled by the efforts of these courageous citizens, the Delhi Capitals official match jersey will bear the “Thank You COVID Warriors” message for the entire duration of this season.
On Thursday, members of the Delhi Capitals squad, including CEO Dhiraj Malhotra, Assistant Coach Mohammad Kaif, and senior players Ishant Sharma and Amit Mishra, interacted with these Corona warriors through a virtual meet. On the occasion, the participants also unboxed a surprise delivery package, which comprised a letter of gratitude and personalised jerseys on behalf of the Delhi Capitals team.
Under the ‘Salaam Dilli’ initiative, Delhi Capitals featured the following COVID warriors from the city:
1. Manika Bhadwar fed underprivileged people through her own kitchen
2. Pomilla Gupta ran a kitchen for stray dogs during the lockdown
3. Sourav Das & Laxmi Das distributed home-made masks for free, installed mask vending machines in public places
4. Dr. Atul Gogia – Stood at the frontline to treat COVID patients
5. Niharika Dwivedi donated her personal savings to buy air tickets for a family of migrant workers
6. Amit Phogat & Ravinder Dharwal, Delhi Police constables who donated, and ran a plasma donation network
Said Mohammad Kaif from Delhi Capitals, “It takes real selflessness, humility and desire to be able to put others first in this battle for survival. Therefore, I would like to express my huge gratitude to all of you for making the world a better place. I want to salute you, the real warriors, on behalf of the DC family.”
Added Amit Mishra, “It is heartening to see youngsters like Nikarika working and supporting people during these difficult times. Words are not enough to thank these COVID warriors. A big Salaam from all of us for you. As our world continues to battle and survive this pandemic, it’s efforts like yours that will continue to inspire, and make a difference.”
Disclaimer: This media release is auto-generated. The CSR Journal is not responsible for the content