Israel Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir Calls For Killing 30-40 People In Gaza Every Night

The CSR Journal Magazine

Israel’s National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir has called for a sharp escalation of Israeli military action in Gaza, saying “30 to 40” people should be killed every night and urging targeted killings across the territory.

Ben-Gvir made the remarks during a podcast with former Gaza hostage Rom Braslavski, according to the Associated Press citing Palestinian media. He also criticised Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for reducing the intensity of Israeli attacks as diplomatic efforts continue to advance a proposed Gaza peace plan.

Ben-Gvir Calls For Nightly Targeted Killings

Ben-Gvir said he disagreed with Netanyahu’s approach to the conflict and called for a campaign of targeted killings in Gaza.

“It’s no secret, I disagree with the Prime Minister,” he said. “I think targeted assassinations should be carried out in Gaza, taking down 30 to 40 every night. Not just those who pose an immediate threat — there are people there who are not worthy of life. They shouldn’t live. They’re not even people.”

The comments have drawn renewed international scrutiny because of Ben-Gvir’s prominent position on Israel’s far right. Similar statements by Israeli officials have previously faced condemnation and have been cited in proceedings before the International Court of Justice concerning allegations of genocidal intent.

Israel rejects allegations that its actions in Gaza amount to genocide.

Ben-Gvir Does Not Command Israeli Military

Although Ben-Gvir is a senior member of the Israeli government, he does not command the country’s military and does not have the authority to order airstrikes.

He oversees Israel’s national police force and prison service, however, giving him significant influence over parts of the country’s security apparatus.

Ben-Gvir also called for Palestinians to leave Gaza and advocated resettlement of the territory by Israelis.

International legal experts have warned that forced displacement of Palestinians could raise serious concerns under international law, including allegations of ethnic cleansing.

His position is consistent with his long-standing advocacy for a larger Israeli presence in Gaza. Israel withdrew its troops and dismantled 21 Jewish settlements in the territory 20 years ago as part of its disengagement.

Ben-Gvir has also faced criticism over his handling of Palestinian prisoners. Israel’s Supreme Court ruled in 2025 that the prison service under his authority had failed to provide Palestinian prisoners with a minimum subsistence diet.

Gaza Strikes Continue Amid Peace Efforts

Ben-Gvir’s remarks came as diplomatic efforts to advance US President Donald Trump’s Gaza peace plan gathered pace.

Trump’s envoys, including Jared Kushner and Nickolay Mladenov, held meetings with Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo on Sunday, according to Reuters. Hamas officials also participated in some of the discussions.

Kushner and Mladenov were expected to meet Netanyahu on Monday. The Israeli Prime Minister had previously described Trump’s latest roadmap as “unacceptable”.

The proposed plan calls for an immediate halt to military operations in Gaza, the disarmament of Hamas and a phased Israeli withdrawal from the territory. It envisages reconstruction under a new civilian Palestinian administration.

Hamas Seeks Israeli Commitments Under Peace Plan

Hamas has said it accepted the proposal to prevent the war from restarting but maintained that Israel must fulfil its commitments, including withdrawing its forces and ending attacks.

Despite the diplomatic efforts, Israeli military operations have continued in Gaza.

The Israeli military said it had targeted Hamas and Islamic Jihad militants in Khan Younis and Nuseirat.

Palestinian medics said at least five people were injured in one of the strikes, with one later dying from their injuries. Another Israeli airstrike hit an apartment in the Nuseirat refugee camp.

Long or Short, get news the way you like. No ads. No redirections. Download Newspin and Stay Alert, The CSR Journal Mobile app, for fast, crisp, clean updates!

App Store –  https://apps.apple.com/in/app/newspin/id6746449540 

Google Play Store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventifweb.newspin&pcampaignid=web_share

Latest News

Popular Videos