The PIFA Foundation
Back in the 1960s, Mumbai, and Colaba in particular, was a hotbed of sporting talent. Fast-forward to the present, and the rapid development of the area means that the local kolis (fishermen) are pushed to the very periphery, sinking into problems such as alcoholism, drug abuse, and gambling.
PIFA (Premier India Football Academy) aims to improve and enrich the lives of Colaba residents through the medium of football training. We offer our trainees a sense of community as well as world-class coaching, and our mentorship means that they are equipped to make better decisions in all walks of life. PIFA youngsters have become professional players, coaches, as well as administrators.
PIFA takes pride in the development of football in India. To maximise our country’s footballing potential, PIFA has partnered with some of the best academies around the globe. We aim to expose Indian youngsters and coaches to the latest training methods, and do our best to ensure the future for Indian football.
PIFA runs six teams – men’s, women’s, and boys U19, U17, U15, and U13. Our teams are given the highest quality training and can boast several trophies, such as positions in the Nadkarni Cup and the national I-League. PIFA has also developed a number of players that have gone on to play for India at the national stage.
Your monetary donation would go toward:
- Preparation in playing for PIFA or any other club team
- Guiding and counselling trainees through vocational courses for coaching and sports administrative jobs
- Rations for families so trainees don’t have to work to provide for them
- Year-long training, football gear, kits, medicals, and insurance
- Empowering students to rise above their circumstances and build a future of their own