app-store-logo
play-store-logo
February 16, 2026

BLA Captures Seven Pakistani Soldiers, Demand Prisoner Swap

The CSR Journal Magazine

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed that its fighters captured seven personnel of the Pakistan Army in the Oranch area of Khuzdar district during what it described as “Operation Herof Phase 2,” escalating tensions in the insurgency hit province of Balochistan.

In a statement released by Hakkal, the group’s media wing, the organisation said the soldiers were taken into custody and that a seven day ultimatum had been issued to the Pakistani authorities for a possible prisoner exchange. The BLA warned that failure to meet its demands could lead to unspecified consequences.

Video Of Alleged Captives Surfaces Online

A video circulated by the group purportedly shows at least seven men in Pakistan military uniform kneeling on the ground. In the footage, one individual identifies himself as a Pakistani soldier, stating that he was recruited in October 2022 and was travelling home on leave to Karachi when he was allegedly abducted.

The man says he is currently being held captive and appeals to the Pakistan Army to comply with the group’s demands, suggesting that cooperation could secure the release of those detained. The video also displays arms and ammunition that the militants claim were seized from the soldiers during the operation.

However, the authenticity of the footage and the identities of the individuals shown have not been independently verified by authorities or external observers.

Renewed Focus On Balochistan Insurgency

The claim comes amid continuing unrest in Balochistan, Pakistan’s largest but least populated province, where separatist groups have long accused the federal government of political marginalisation and exploitation of local resources. Security forces frequently conduct operations in the region, while militant groups periodically target military personnel and infrastructure.

There has been no immediate official confirmation from the Pakistan Army regarding the reported abduction. Independent verification remains difficult due to restricted access to the area and the prevalence of competing narratives from state and non state actors.

If confirmed, the incident would mark a significant development in the ongoing conflict, highlighting the volatile security situation in the region and the persistent threat posed by insurgent groups operating in Balochistan.

Long or Short, get news the way you like. No ads. No redirections. Download Newspin and Stay Alert, The CSR Journal Mobile app, for fast, crisp, clean updates!

App Store –  https://apps.apple.com/in/app/newspin/id6746449540 

Google Play Store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventifweb.newspin&pcampaignid=web_share

Latest News

Popular Videos