app-store-logo
play-store-logo
August 31, 2025

Deputy PM of Pakistan Says Will Not Plead for Talks, Threatens Retaliation

The CSR Journal Magazine

Deputy PM & Foreign Minister of Pakistan Ishaq Dar said on Friday that Pakistan will not plead for dialogue with India, insisting that the country is fully prepared to counter any form of “aggression with full force.” Dar pointed out that Pakistan is open to a composite dialogue with India: “Pakistan is ready for a composite dialogue with India in a dignified and respectful manner on all outstanding issues, including the Jammu and Kashmir dispute as per its longstanding position on the matter.”

Composite dialogue never happened

However, India’s stand on dialogue remains focused on the return of Pakistan-occupied Jammu & Kashmir (PoJK) and the issue of terrorism. Dar noted that the composite dialogue, initiated in 2003 under General Pervez Musharraf, failed to take off after the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, which killed 166 people. He also warned of retaliation with “full force” in case of aggression.

India’s Precision Strikes

On May 7, India launched Operation Sindoor in response to the April 22 Pahalgam attack that claimed 26 lives. The strikes targeted nine locations in PoJK and Pakistan’s Punjab province, killing over 100 terrorists, according to Indian security sources.

Pakistan’s Response and Claims

Reacting to the strikes, Dar said Pakistan’s narrative had been “accepted globally” through proactive diplomacy. He claimed that Pakistani forces had shown their strength in both air and land operations, adding: “Pakistan is ready to respond with full force to India in case of any aggression, even through sea.”

Retaliatory Attacks and Counter-Strike

After Operation Sindoor, Pakistan attempted to target Indian military bases. In response, Indian forces launched strong counter-attacks on multiple Pakistani military installations, causing significant damage.

Ceasefire Understanding

For four days, both sides exchanged intense cross-border shelling, drone strikes, and missile attacks. On May 10, a ceasefire understanding was reached after Pakistan’s DGMO requested his Indian counterpart to halt escalation.

Long or Short, get news the way you like. No ads. No redirections. Download Newspin and Stay Alert, The CSR Journal Mobile app, for fast, crisp, clean updates!

App Store –  https://apps.apple.com/in/app/newspin/id6746449540 

Google Play Store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventifweb.newspin&pcampaignid=web_share

 

Latest News

Popular Videos