app-store-logo
play-store-logo
February 18, 2026

Delhi Horror: 35-Year-Old Man Shot Dead in Nand Nagri; Police Launch Probe

The CSR Journal Magazine

A 35-year-old man was shot dead in Northeast Delhi’s Nand Nagri area on Tuesday, prompting a police investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident. The deceased has been identified as Mohammed Umar Din.

Shooting Near School Premises

According to initial information from police sources, the shooting took place near the premises of a local institution popularly known as Bade School, within the jurisdiction of the Nand Nagri Police Station. The area, which is usually busy with local residents and commuters, witnessed panic following the sound of gunfire.

Police officials said they received information about the incident shortly after it occurred. When officers reached the spot, they were informed that the injured man had already been shifted to a hospital by his family members.

Rushed to GTB Hospital

Family members immediately transported Mohammed Umar Din to Guru Teg Bahadur (GTB) Hospital in an attempt to save his life. However, despite their efforts, doctors declared him dead upon arrival.

Hospital authorities confirmed that the victim had sustained gunshot injuries. The exact number and nature of the wounds have not yet been officially disclosed, pending further medical and forensic examination.

Forensic Team Deployed

Following the incident, a crime and forensic team was dispatched to the scene to collect evidence. Officers examined the area for spent cartridges, blood samples, and other potential clues that could help identify the assailants and reconstruct the sequence of events.

Police have registered a case at Nand Nagri Police Station under relevant sections of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and the Arms Act. Investigators are reviewing CCTV footage from nearby buildings and questioning local residents to gather more information.

Probe Focuses on Motive

Authorities have not yet disclosed the motive behind the killing. Investigators are exploring multiple angles, including the possibility of personal enmity, financial disputes, or other criminal links.

A senior police official stated that efforts are underway to identify and apprehend those involved. “Teams have been formed, and we are examining all leads. Further details will be shared as the investigation progresses,” the officer said.

Area on Alert

The incident has raised concerns among residents in the locality. Police presence in the area has been increased to maintain law and order and reassure the public.

As the investigation continues, officials have urged anyone with information related to the case to come forward. Further updates are expected once preliminary forensic findings and witness statements are analyzed.

Long or Short, get news the way you like. No ads. No redirections. Download Newspin and Stay Alert, The CSR Journal Mobile app, for fast, crisp, clean updates!

App Store –  https://apps.apple.com/in/app/newspin/id6746449540 

Google Play Store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inventifweb.newspin&pcampaignid=web_share

Latest News

Popular Videos