Home CATEGORIES Environment SAP India and TERI Join Hands to Propel India’s Sustainability Agenda
SAP India and TERI Join Hands to Propel India’s Sustainability Agenda
SAP India today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) to mutually support India’s larger sustainability agenda. The program will aim to achieve sustainability in all aspects of operations, service delivery and governance across key industries, societies, and government.
Recent reports have revealed that India’s top 250 companies contribute 36% of the country’s total green-house gas emissions. With climate change posing a significant danger to life on the planet, SAP and TERI have come together to combat climate change and ensure a sustainable future. The collaboration will leverage TERI’s domain expertise in sustainability, specifically in Energy and Resources sectors, and SAP India’s technologies to enable business processes, collaboration with value chains, tracking and reporting capabilities to achieve sustainability.
Key focus areas of the partnership will include:
– Climate Change Awareness: To steer action and support the larger sustainability agenda in India by accelerating climate change ambitions across industries helping their transition to a low carbon economy
– Resources and Sustainability Audit: to jointly offer sector specific audit and efficiency improvement services and guidance
– Enabling industries to drive actions through sustainability reporting and analysis aligned to global framework for the good of environment, society and economy
– Impact on Policy: Support government to make informed sustainability related policy decisions through data driven approach that further helps to monitor the impact based on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) achievements
– Build a Net Zero Path: Knowledge sharing and learnings of best practices, through creation of case studies, success stories, and whitepapers, from key industries like Energy, Waste management, Government, and others
Kulmeet Bawa, President, and Managing Director, SAP Indian Subcontinent said, “India is the world’s fourth biggest emitter of carbon dioxide and we have to take action now to ensure the next generation has a better future. We also understand that sustainability is a team sport, and building a vibrant ecosystem is the best approach to accelerate our pledge to achieve Net-Zero. SAP, together with TERI, is committed to join forces that march towards India’s vision of becoming a carbon neutral nation by 2030.”
“It is the responsibility of every organization in the country to ensure they drive their business sustainably. It is extremely pleasing to see SAP India’s efforts to not only facilitate sustainable growth for itself, but the nation at large. Only through a joint effort by the entire nation can we negate the impact of climate change and bring about real, impactful solutions,” said Dr. Vibha Dhawan, Director General, TERI.
Disclaimer: This media release is auto-generated. The CSR Journal is not responsible for the content