Millions of women and girls face barriers to equality because of taboos and a lack of education surrounding menstruation and sexual health. To overcome the issues, Indian Dreams Foundation (IDF) has embarked a project called “SMILEY DAYS” in September 2016
It employs a four-fold strategy aiming to:
- Educate girls, adolescents and young women in biology and hygiene practices;
- Distribute sanitary products and build girls friendly new toilet facilities in the schools;
- Engage family members, schools and specialists through the formation of Smiley Girls Clubs in partnering schools. Smiley Girls Clubs consist of school girls & teachers who are made responsible for generating awareness among peer groups, indirectly serving as a catalyst of CHANGE.
- Capacity building of the communities through the formation of Women’s Representative Groups called Roshni Didis Club at the community level.
Smiley Days project targets the SDGs goal 3 & 5, to improve the quality of menstrual hygiene management (MHM) and advocate for sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) in local communities (targets 3.7 and 5.6). So far it has been successful in reaching more than 5000 women and girls from about 25 communities. The project has about 20 partner schools where it has conducted more than 60 awareness generating workshops.
- Launch a Smiley App to provide easy access regarding puberty, menstruation, MHM & SRHR.
- Launch a Toll- Free number which could allow women & girls to call & get their issues regarding MHM & SRHR issues.
- Set up a sanitary manufacturing unit that will follow the concept “By the Women: for the Women”.
How to contribute
– Donate online http://www.idf4all.org/
– Donate via cheque/demand draft. Send the demand draft or the cheque in favour of “Indian Dreams Foundation” along with the full name, contact number and email id. The cheques and donations are to be sent to:
Indian Dreams Foundation – Block no -11, Shop no – 14, Cloth Market, Behind Max Showroom, Sanjay Place, Agra – 282002.
For more information, visit-
Contact Numbers: + 91- 7060050184, +91- 9897344580