Shri. Prakash Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, and Former Union HRD Minister inaugurated FUEL Future Skills Institute (FFSI) in Pune on 6th February 2022 (Sunday). FUEL Future Skills Institute will improve the skill ecosystem and make youth future skills ready.
“The pace of change in technology is immense and the youth have to get trained in the trending technology. The youth need to be creative to disrupt and try to bring solutions to the challenge. Now with the improved technology, we need to have formalization of skilled and upskilling courses. The youth need to upgrade themselves every day as technology is changing drastically. The industry to sustain has to bring the up-gradation of skills in their present workforce. The unemployment issue can only be solved with the institutes like FFSI as it is bridging the gap of skilled workforce which are employable by the industry. It is the responsibility of all stakeholders, like government, industry, and society to support the institutes like FFSI to bring the desired changes,” said Hon’ble Shri. Prakash Javadekar, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, Pune, Former Union HRD Minister.
“This FUEL institute to my mind is another step in strengthening the skill ecosystem industry.It is my heartfelt wish and hope that this institute will grow in stature in times to come as a full-fledged university. With its strong industry tie up it will contribute not only to improve employability but also create business leaders endured with the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation. I also look forward to fruitful collaboration with industry and academy representatives who are present in this program. I assure you on behalf of state government all support for nurturing innovation, skilling programs and institution building for a strong Maharashtra.”- Smt. Manisha Verma (IAS), Principal Secretary Skill Development, Employment & Entrepreneurship, Govt of Maharashtra.
The FUEL Future Skills Institute (FFSI) will be a premier institute to impart advanced skills and create new age employable youth in the country at par with global excellence.
FFSI will be built over an area of 1lakh square feet. It will provide skills to 10,000+ students 5 years emphasizing on skill development of our youth the Shri Prakash Javadekar, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, and Former Union HRD Minister said that Skill Development has always been a priority for Narendra Modi Government.
FUEL Future Skills Institute (FFSI) founder and CEO Ketan Deshpande said that a lot of emphasis is being accorded by the institute to short-term, long-term, and advanced skill training through industry collaborations and certifications.
Focusing on the future of youth, Ketan Deshpande said, “We are intensely investing in the training of youth by creating infrastructure and mechanism for making them future-ready under CSR of leading corporates.” FFSI will further support the skilling endeavour by providing advanced skill training to youth and preparing them for competing at the national level.
The institute will also drive Skill Competitions and will be a landing point for all industry collaborations in the skill ecosystem. Ketan Deshpande also envisioned taking skills to the grassroots level in the next five years.
During the inauguration we had kind wishes, blessings & virtual message by:
– Piyush Goyal, Cabinet Minister of Commerce and Industry Government of India
– Prahlad Joshi, Ministry of Coal, & Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India
– Basavaraj Bommai, Chief minister of Karnataka
– Amitabh Kant, Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog, Govt. of India
– Dr. Gururaj Deshpande, Founder, Deshpande Foundation
– Padma Bhushan Dr. Jagdish Sheth
– David J. Ranz, U.S Consul General, Mumbai
– C.P. Gurnani, MD & CEO, Tech Mahindra Limited
– Martina Merz, Chief Executive Officer, ThyssenKrupp
– Shailender Kumar, Managing Director, Oracle India Private Limited
– Vivek Bhatia, Managing Director and CEO, thyssenkrupp Industries India
– Kathleen Ryan Muffson, Director, Global Corporate Citizenship & President, Pitney Bowes Foundation
– Shiv Vikram Khemka, Vice-Chairman, SUN Group
– Schauna Chauhan, CEO, Parle Agro
– Ketan Patel, Managing Director – India Market, HP
– Prashant Kumar, MD & CEO, YES BANK
– Prof. Jaideep Prabhu, Author, Nehru Professor of Business and Enterprise, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK
– Raju Reddy, Entrepreneur, angel investor, Board Member, Flam
– Dhiren Savla, Group Chief Information Officer, VFS Global
In the eminent presence of:
– Sanjay Inamdar, Board of Governors, College of Engineering Pune
– Ruchee Anand, Senior Director – Talent, Learning and Engagement Solutions, LinkedIn
– Suvarna Kharat, Joint Secretary, Skill Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department, Government of Maharashtra
– Saba Karim, India Head, Higher Ed Vertical, LinkedIn
– Dr. Mangesh Karad, Executive President and Vice-Chancellor, MIT ADT University
– Mahesh M. Mudda, Managing Director & CEO, NCCCL Ltd
– Sukanya Chakraborty, Head, Corporate Communications & CSR, VFS Global
– Ria V, Global Lead Corporate Communications & CSR, VFS Global
– Dr. Pratima Sheorey, Director, SCMHRD
– Rusen Kumar, CEO, India CSR
– Sita Ram Gupta, Executive Director, Lupin Human Welfare And Research Foundation
– FUEL Advisory members &Well-wishers Shri. Girish Deshpande, Shri. Ram Deshmukh, Dr. Prashant Deshmukh & Dr. Anil Kulkarni
– Training & Placement Officers from Various colleges & Universities, Trustees of FUEL & the aspiring youth.
Key features of FFSI:
The institute will be equipped with Smart Classrooms, Digital Labs, Conference Room, Rapid Prototyping Lab, Incubation Centre, Placement Counselling Cell, Seminar Hall, and Cafeteria. The Institute will equip the youth with Future Skills, Digital Skills, Upskilling, and Vocational Training.
The institute will as well have different Centres of Excellence supported by the industry partners to impart the industry-required skills.